When I finally did get pregnant, I spent the next nine and a half months freaking out! Every visit to the doctor was a wave of relief every time I saw or heard my little baby. I'd get back home and panic again. "Is everything ok, he's not moving around as much today as he did yesterday, or he's moving around more than normal" Every little thing could send me into panic mode! People say when your pregnant you should not let yourself get too stressed, but I was stressed about the pregnancy. I knew all too well that things can happen in pregnancy and I worried about them constantly. I don't know how normal that is, but I've known other people that stressed just as much as I did. Now I realize that I was panicking for no reason and everything was fine, but then I just wanted a healthy baby. And a healthy baby is just what I got! Every struggle we had to endure, was worth it a million times over for that tiny little baby that the nurse handed to me.
Of course I know anyone that hasn't had the experience of having a baby or has been struggling with adoption, will not want to hear that Heavenly Father knows each of us. He knows what we need, what we can endure, and what we will endure. When my husband would get in his funk about how "unfair" it was that we really wanted children and couldn't have any. I would tell him Heavenly Father knew that you (my husband) would do whatever it takes to have children in our home, and there are a lot of children that need good homes. I truly believe that is true. Especially now as I look at my beautiful baby boy, he is the perfect fit to both my husband and myself. He is definitely "worth the wait".
No comments:
Post a Comment